Get your day started right with these delicious and protein-packed muffins that are sure to satisfy your appetite and keep you going.
With long days out in the sugar bush checking on the health of our forest, we need something quick and easy that’ll keep us fueled for the long day. These muffins are delicious, nutritious, and an easy grab-an-go breakfast or quick snack to munch out in the field.
Maple, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Power Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure, organic maple syrup, such as Meridan Hill Maple
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with baking cups
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
- Fill muffin cups just barely to the top
- Put muffin tin on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until just done. (note: muffins will harden as they cool so remove while still slightly damp for a moister muffin)
- Serve warm and enjoy!