Is there anything better than a tall, cold glass of lemonade on a hot day? Yes! One made with antioxidant rich maple syrup instead of granulated sugar!
This recipe is easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients. Before you know you’ll be relaxing on the back porch, sipping away the day with this cool, refreshing drink.
(Makes 7 cups)
• 5 cups of water
• 1 1/4 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice (5-6 lemons)
• 1/2 cup of pure, organic Maple Syrup, such as Meridan Hill Maple
• Optional additions: a sprig of rosemary, and/or lavender
1. Juice the lemons and compost the rinds
2. Add the lemon juice to a large pitcher
3. Add the water to the lemon juice
4. Stir in the maple syrup until thoroughly mixed
5. Add herbs if desired
6. Add ice to a tall glass and serve, garnish with an herb sprig and enjoy!