Summer is prime grilling time, but it can get boring serving up the same old grilled staples over and over again. Hamburgers? Obvious. Hotdogs? Please. Ribs? Better but still expected. How about mixing things up and surprising dinner guests with a dish that is sure to impress and keep you out of the kitchen?
Bourbon-aged maple and Sriracha BBQ chicken kabobs are a great combination of spicy, smoky and sweet. Simple to throw together and even easier to cook, serve these with any number of side dishes and fresh seasonal vegetables for a complete meal that’ll no doubt earn you the title of Grillmaster.
Bourbon Barrel-aged Maple & Sriracha BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- 6 chicken* breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup Simple Aminos or soy sauce
- 2tbsp Meridan Hill Bourbon Barrel-aged Maple Syrup
- 1tbsp Siracha (hot chili sauce)
- Metal or wooden skewers
- Mix soy sauce, maple syrup and Sriracha in a large bowl and add cubed chicken, stirring until all chicken is covered. Cover and place in refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and add chicken onto skewers. Set remaining mixture to the side to use later.
- Place chicken skewers on grill and cook for approx. 6 minutes each side.
- Baste chicken with remaining sriracha/maple mixture and cook 2 minutes longer, turning once and until internal temperature reaches 165F
- Remove from grill and serve.
*We recommend using pasture-raised, organic chicken from a local provider.