The holiday season is nearly over, and you deserve to treat yourself (and some friends). Bid a fond farewell to 2022 and ring in 2023 with this maple-y rugged whiskey cocktail. Cheers!
We know not everyone chooses to drink spirits. If you’d like to recreate this recipe without alcohol, try replacing the bourbon with a zero-proof alternative, ginger beer, or soda/seltzer water.
Maple Whiskey Sours
- ½ ounce Meridan Hill Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup or your favorite Meridan syrup
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ounce bourbon of your choice
- 1 egg white
- Optional: splash of cranberry simple syrup
- Optional garnishes: lemon twist garnish, candied cranberries and rosemary
- Grab a clean cocktail shaker and whiskey glass, adding enough ice to fill the glass.
- To the shaker, add maple syrup, bitters, lemon juice, bourbon, cranberry syrup (if using), and egg white.
- Secure shaker lid and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Open the shaker and add a handful of ice. Shake again until the container is cold.
- Strain the cocktail from the shaker into your whiskey glass filled with ice.
- Your maple bourbon cocktail will be white and frothy at the top from the egg white.
- Top with your favorite garnish and enjoy!
Sources: http://www.theblondielocks.com/maple-whiskey-sour-recipe/, https://maisondecinq.com/cranberry-whiskey-sour/