Expecting guests this holiday season? Impress your friends, family members and guests with this delicious seasonally inspired syrup recipe.
Holiday Spice Infused Maple Syrup
1-2 cups of your favorite Meridan Hill Maple Syrup
Kitchen twine + cheesecloth or a strainer
8 whole peppercorns
6 whole allspice
6 whole cloves
2, 3-inch cinnamon sticks
3 orange zest strips
- Add the orange zest and all the spices to the cheesecloth or a strainer.
- Heat a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add 1-2 cups maple syrup to saucepan followed by the spices
- Warm syrup on low for five minutes.
- Use immediately or store in a container (with spice packet) in the fridge for up to two weeks
This holiday spice infused maple syrup can be poured over pancakes, waffles, in your coffee or latte, over pie a la mode, in your (adult’s only) nightcap, or wherever you most enjoy your maple.