Easy to make and even easier to eat, this 3-ingredient maple ice cream comes together faster than a startled squirrel can hide in a maple tree. (Which is pretty darn fast.)
Ice cream is a summertime requirement—whether scooping straight out of the container with a spoon or sharing. This simple, natural and tasty version using maple syrup is sure to impress and entice.
Homemade 3-Ingredient Maple Syrup Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup favorite Meridan Hill Maple Syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- OPTIONAL: chopped walnuts, candied pecans or crumbled bacon
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the cream to steaming being careful not to boil.
2. Using a large bowl, whisk the two egg yolks and the maple syrup together. Add to the pot with the steaming cream.
3. Stir the cream, egg, and syrup mixture well making sure it’s hot!
4. Remove from heat and let cool for at least 30 minutes on your counter.
If you have an ice cream maker:
1. Spin the cream mixture in the ice cream maker for 20-30 minutes.
2. Freeze for at least 45 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker:
1. Chill the cream mixture in the freezer for 2 hours.
2. Then, place semi-frozen mixture into the chilled* bowl of a stand mixer. Whip until it forms a thick mixture.
3. Transfer to freezer-safe containers for ice cream to set.
*chill the bowl of your stand mixer by putting it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Are you entertaining?
Before freezing, grab a muffin tin and line with cupcake liners. Pour some of the mixture into each section and place a wooden skewer or popsicle stick in the center. Once frozen, place the muffin tin on a serving table alongside toppings such as maple sugar, chopped nuts, and even crumbled bacon bits for easy-to-grab, make-your-own single servings.